Lady Imps - Lincoln City Ladies
Lincoln City Ladies formed in 1995 out of an initial Lincoln Ladies trial team, and such has been the success, there are now six teams; First team, Reserves, U16, U14, U12 and U10. The Ladies started playing in the Unison East Midlands League and apart from one season, have gained promotion each year upon reaching the Northern Premier League. In the 2004/05 season the 'Lady Imps' finished 5th in the league, the highest position ever reached. The four younger teams are managed through "Football in the Community".
The Lincoln Ladies have attracted regular support to their home games and at Sincil Bank Stadium, have topped the 1,500 mark in high profile encounters. The team have great local press coverage and have gained the regular support of Lincoln's MP Gillian Merron and the Mayor of Lincoln.
Still a fairly young side, Lincoln are predominately a homegrown outfit. Signings with national experience have fitted effortlessly into the team, bringing with them knowledge of the women's game. Lincoln continue to pull girls up through the 'Red Imps' centres of excellence and strengthen the side at any opportunity. They hope to challenge for higher status in the Northern Premiership and of course eventually to gain National League status.
With the competition growing stronger by the season, Lincoln have recently adopted a more semi professional stance with its players, hoping to encourage girls from outside their catchment area with further incentive. To stay in contact with the top structure and top clubs, it is the only way to go. The club would like to reward the players for success on the field and help pay for their expenses and to try and attract good quality players to play for the 'Lady Imps'.
Lincoln City Ladies have a three year plan for development of the club.
- To develop Lincoln City Ladies as a semi professional outfit by implementing a means for funding, i.e. commercial manager and women's football liaison officer
- To consolidate league status through team development and progression
- To double current income
- To challenge for promotion into National League status
- To regain Sincil Bank Stadium as home ground
- To be playing in the National Premiership
- To develop an academy style opportunity for girls
- To run the women's side under the umbrella of the full Lincoln City FC brand with dedicated office space at Sincil Bank
- To employ dedicated commercial and development staff
Useful links for ladies footballers:
London FA - Information for women and girls football
Women's large size shoes - Directory to help women find football boots in bigger sizes
Football kit for women - Get the latest Nike gear
Women's football news - All the latest women's football news direct from the BBC